Friday, July 2, 2010

New Hat but no pics

I finished the Arden Wednesday and absolutely loved it. I took lots of pictures but didn't want to put them up until the hat was delivered to its new owner. However, I am house/dogsitting for the next 11 days and their wireless does not work so you will have to wait for pictures. But I am very pleased with both the daughter (for whom I made the hat) and her mother's reactions to it. I heard several times how gorgeous it was and the mother said that she would wear it too. It makes me happy to see people's reactions to the hats .... especially when they know that I've made it just for them. I got to try out my new logo on twill tape inside of the hat and was pleased how it came out but I need to look into an easier way of doing that. My sister said I could order it online which might be worth looking into.

Next up for Caps by Kiki (my nephews call me Kiki) is starting a hat completely from scratch. I'll post pictures as I work on it so that you can see the steps involved. The longest part for me is deciding how I want it to look. The Arden was completely changed at the last minute. I can't wait to see where the next hat takes me in terms of creative designs :-)

1 comment: