Monday, June 28, 2010

The Joffa

This is technically the second cloche that I have made but I don't have any pictures of the first one yet. I loved the versatility in the use of the excess material when I trimmed the brim.
I'm going to work on getting a hat block which will make it much easier to make the different size hats and also taking pictures of them afterward.

I absolutely loved the feathers that I used and think they went great with the red felt. I used two pads because using just one wouldn't have been enough. I feel that the button helped tie in the black color to the hat as well.
The opposite side of the hat looks a little odd when not on a head but it fills out nicely when worn.
This is the front of the hat. Again, I'm going to need a hat block to show them off better.

No comments:

Post a Comment